If you want to inspire and re-energize your people, start your day with a huddle. Yes a huddle just like the ones used by sports teams. Adapting this known motivational technique for business will generate surprisingly good results for your team.
Why Are Huddles So Effective?
Standing together for a brief meeting energizes a group. It’s a fast way to identify goals, clarify expectations and explain everyone’s role to achieve success. In addition, standing in a circle helps people connect, get switched on, unite for a common goal and feel motivated at work. It’s a powerfully positive way to start the week, day or shift.
How to Run Huddles for Your Team
Based on his extensive experience with effective business models, Chip shares 10 tips for energizing and productive huddles that inspire your people to consistently achieve higher level results. Stop wondering how to motivate employees and give it a try.
1. Keep it Short – A brief meeting of less than 10-minutes works best to motivate staff and clearly communicate top priorities.
2. Stick to a Schedule – A regular schedule makes it easy for people to attend and eliminates confusion. Run huddles on Monday mornings or at the start of every shift depending on your business.
3. No More than 12 – A small group works best to motivate employees in the workplace, so limit your huddle to 12 or less to create a feeling of community.
4. Stand in a Circle –Standing gives you energy at work and the circle allows everyone to see each other for better communication.
5. Music or Chant – To get more energy, begin with a short piece of music or close with a chant of your own creation. It could be as simple as “1-2-3 YES! Or “1, 2, 3 - your company!”
6. Try a Quote – Share a quote with team members as a motivational component. Ask members to celebrate personal and professional wins for a boost of positivity.
7. Avoid Problems– Save problem solving for after the huddle to keep your time upbeat and positive.
8. Create an Agenda – A clear, concise agenda will keep things moving. Mention top priorities for the day or week.
9. Incorporate Culture – If there is something specific to your company, use it to reinforce the culture. Make it unique and fun so people enjoy it.
10. Give it Time – The huddle may feel strange at first, but team members will not only get used to the ritual, but grow to appreciate and look forward to it.
Don’t Have Time for a Huddle?
Some managers tell Chip they feel they don’t have time to take employees away from their jobs for a huddle. Chip challenges this asking how they can NOT make time considering the remarkable and highly productive results even 4-5 minutes can produce. Test it for a month and see the results for yourself.
“You will never work with a speaker who can intertwine your business within their presentation the way Chip does. Most speakers are a “rental”, Chip was a partner! He opened with “Get Switched On” which motivated our entire franchise system, gave them tactical advice and got them pumped up for the conference. He also closed the conference and tied everything together with the Board Break Experience! They left the conference saying they needed this and are “switched on” again and excited to go home and take everything they learned and put it into practice. If you want a speaker who will pump up your team, and educate them about taking responsibility for their success, then I highly recommend Chip Eichelberger.”
Founder, President & CEO
Always Best Care® Senior Services
Hire Chip for Energizing Sessions on How to Motivate Employees at Work
With over 1,000 tailored programs in 20 years, Chip’s sessions inspire your team to improve results and stretch to achieve more on a regular basis. As the international point person for world renowned Tony Robbins, Chip’s powerful blend of motivational, entertaining and practical content will light a fire under your team and shift them into action.
Chip’s high-energy, interactive workshop-style programs leave your people with lasting motivation long after the program is over. He is known for doing his homework to connect with audiences and deliver a relatable program in a highly engaging.
Contact Chip directly at 865-300-2742 or complete the form below now.
Copyright 2022 © Chip Eichelberger - All rights reserved | Motivational Speaker and Keynote Speaker - Get Switched On! | Design & Marketing By: Forty-Second Street, Inc