The core of a good wellness program is behavior change! With the right education, skills, motivation, skills/tools, and social support, people change behaviors. Healthy behaviors will lead to lower health risks, and lower health risks lead to less chronic disease. With less chronic disease, employees have fewer health care costs.
Just about anybody can have healthy behaviors for a few weeks. The key is to maintain healthy behaviors for years and stay involved in your wellness program. As soon as you stop your healthy behaviors, you stop getting the benefits. Employees needs consistent positive messages and strategies. A fresh voice and this engaging content will be a difference maker for any company!
That is where this video series comes in! Each video is focused on TAKING ACTION on the key messages from the video. The energy and messages in the videos are contagious and delivered in a snackable content of 3 - 5 minutes that get watched all the way through. It is ideal content to share with the entire family and get them involved in the wellness program.
The foundation of any good wellness program must be focused on helping employees adopt healthy behaviors. Elevated blood glucose, high blood cholesterol, and high blood pressure are almost all caused by unhealthy diets and lack of physical activity. Eating and exercising are behaviors. Your employees can adopt new behaviors and implement more healthy daily habits and stick.
Workplace wellness statistics show that in as little as six weeks health risks can improve dramatically. Those who maintain healthy behaviors experience lower health risks for six weeks, six months, 12 months, and even out to 18 months after this program began.
"Chip embraced our vision to motivate Associates and their families to start their health and well-being journey. Chip's video series is an excellent addition to a well-being program, they provide the education and motivation to begin the healthy behavior change process while keeping Associates interested and entertained. He was able to script and edit the videos with zero to minimal input from us, and that is a huge bonus to a team that is already overwhelmed with "to do" tasks. "Get Switched On" Wellness videos are a fantastic addition to our Well-Being Max program,
thank you Chip!"
- Lennar Homes - Melissa Kelly, Director of Benefits
Bonus Service - I can also fully customize my proven LAUNCH VIDEO to help you drive enrollment into your Wellness Program. It can be for your current Wellness program or help launch a new program. If employees are not in a program to KNOW their key health numbers right now, there is a great opportunity! EVEYONE getting a biometric screening, health assessment and knowing their numbers essential. Take Action.
Among the 22 different studies from HealthAffairs.org that looked at wellness programs and healthcare costs, the average return on investment was 3.27. This means that for every dollar that was spent on the program, the company saved $3.27 because of reduced healthcare costs, reduced sick days, higher productivity and decreased overall health costs. A 327% Return!
The first step is to get people enrolled and to KNOW THEIR NUMBERS. They must be educated on where they are right now. They must examine what’s actually happening, not just feeling good about joining a workplace wellness program.
"Chip was instrumental in helping us to launch our Ed Life Wellness program for our employees. He created a launch video that really resonated with them to drive enrollment into the program. Getting them enrolled to KNOW THEIR NUMBERS is essential to lowering their numbers. His wellness videos are content rich, entertaining and effective in engaging our now WFH workforce on topics that make a difference."
Ed Financial, John Farinella, COO – Cigna Customer
There are over 50 papers that have looked at the connections between worksite wellness programs and reduced absenteeism. Worksites with comprehensive wellness programs can experience reduced absenteeism for a variety of reasons:
1. Employees with good health behaviors have lower absenteeism
2. Employees who can control their stress have lower absenteeism
3. Employees with healthy blood pressure, cholesterol, and glucose have lower absenteeism.
4. Employees who are not overweight or obese have lower absenteeism
Any wellness program that can reduce absenteeism will experience cost savings. Harvard researchers looked at the ROI of wellness programs as they relate absenteeism and demonstrated that for every dollar wellness programs spend on wellness, they can save $2.73 and reduce absenteeism.
Keeping your employees healthy, in shape, mentally sharp and performing at their best is essential as many have been impacted from dealing with a new work/life realty with Covid 19. Working to keep your health insurance premiums from rising and limiting future claims is also important. These 13 videos of “snackable content”, about 4 minutes long, are perfect to give your team quality strategies that work. I will create and add a video bumper to customize them for your company. I will also do a live 45-minute virtual program to kick off to get them started taking better care of their #1 Asset –THEMSELVES.
1. Getting Started – Taking Better Care of Your #1 Asset - Your first line of defense against Covid19 or any disease is to strengthen your immune system and choose a healthy lifestyle. The good news is it does not matter how well or how poorly you have taken care your #1 asset in the past – your health and vitality. What matters right now is your current path, more than your current results. You are what you DO, not what you SAY you will do. Write down what new healthy habits you will begin. What will you STOP eating or drinking – what do you need to give up? There is great power and clarity in writing it down.
Take advantage of all that your wellness program offers you. Take Action.
2. Be a 3%’er – Choosing a Healthy Lifestyle - The leading cause of death in America is not heart disease, cancer, stroke or diabetes. It is the unhealthy lifestyle too many Americans are addicted to which is the true cause. A study by Mathew Reeves, a Michigan State University epidemiologist finds that only 3% of Americans maintain a healthy lifestyle. Make the choice to become a 3%’er today. What new habits must you begin today? How will that decision impact your life? What about the lives of your children and future generations? You can do it. Believe in yourself. Take Action.
3. Motions Creates Emotion - Quality of Your Life is Quality of Movement – How long do you want to live? Our focus should be looking NOW at the QUALITY of the life we want to experience as we age – great longevity, health and vitality for the future. Why not do what you can EVERY DAY right now to be healthy later? Track your amount of movement on your wearable and or cell phone app. Download the Get switched On energy schedule – commit to a minimum number of days each month, sign it, post it one your bathroom mirror and start tracking. Take Action.
4. You Cannot Outrun a Big Mac – Diet Counts - You simply cannot make up for on a treadmill for what you can put in your mouth! You cannot out exercise a bad diet. You cannot outrun a Big Mac. Ask yourself before you eat something a simple question. What would a healthy person do right now? Think long term and make conscious decisions each day to make healthy food choices. Each good choice makes the NEXT good choice even easier! Take Action.
5. Don’t Drink Your Calories – A Simple Strategy for Weight Loss - Cut down on sugar intake and stop drinking your calories! Sodas and sugary drinks are addictive and a leading cause of OBESITY, Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, liver disease, gout, dementia and cancer. Soda, energy drinks, sports drinks, fruit juices and sugary coffee drinks are the leading source of total calories for many. Make a decision to stop consistently drinking your calories QUIT BUYING IT AT THE STORE. Make better choices each day with No or LOW sugar options, Take Action!
6. Walk Faster – Live Longer - How fast do you generally walk? It may not surprise you, but if you typically walk slowly and “lollygag” - it will likely cut years off your life. Why live a long live if you can hardly move and cannot enjoy it! Take an honest assessment of your walking speed. Consciously pick up the pace you are walking. Look for simple opportunities to walk more often since many of you are working out of your home. Use your wearable to get your heart rate up to 100 beats a minute. Take Action.
7. Sitting May Be Killing You – A Key Factor – Sitting may be killing you. Many of you are lucky to have a position that keeps you moving all day long. For others you could easily be sitting 30, 40 or even 50 hours a week between your work and personal life. A recent study at Johns Hopkins said, “how much you sit, not your weight or how much you exercise is the key factor in determining someone’s overall health.” Calculate for a week how much you are REALLY sitting. If you are in an office role, find a way to get a sit stand desk solution and use it. Monitor how much are you moving. Set alerts to remind you. Get moving and quit sitting so much! Take Action
8. Live the 4% Solution - Invest In Your Greatest Resource: You! – How do you find time to take better care better of yourself? You are your number one asset. The best gift you can give others is taking great care of you. It is not selfish, it is essential. Jim Rohn used to call it “Enlighted Self-interest.” Unexpected challenges and change can come our way as we have seen. Evaluate how you spend your time now. Where will you find at least that one hour – that 4%? That one hour a day, COMPOUNDED day after day for a year, decade or a lifetime can literally rewire the software in your brain! Take Action.
9. Better Sleep Series – Building Your Immune System - If the stool of health has three legs -- exercise, nutrition, and sleep. Sleep is a crucial component of a healthy lifestyle, and that lack of sleep can have far-reaching consequences, affecting everything from mood, creativity, longevity, chronic disease risk — including dementia, type 2 diabetes and heart attacks. Analyze your sleep needs. When you start waking up before your alarm clock consistently—for a minimum of one week, weekends included—you’ve found your optimum sleep window. Take Action.
10. Better Sleep Series Tips 1 – 5 - Nothing can stand in for a good night’s sleep. Instead of discussing how we might get by with less sleep – which is possible as you get in your best shape, we’re going to help you reboot your sleeping habits. The goal is to get the sleep you need and deserve. Analyze those 5 tips. What do you know you can do right now to get better sleep? Pick at least 3 specific steps you can take now to get a better sleep and take action on them. Get a better night’s sleep! Take Action.
11. Better Sleep Series Tips 5 - 10 - Lost sleep is lost forever, and persistent lack of sleep has a cumulative effect when it comes to disrupting your health. Even when we’re done with work, there are dozens of needs and distractions to keep us up late and effecting a good night’s sleep. Ask yourself a few questions. How well am I sleeping right now? Am sleeping through the night and waking up before my alarm? What can I do right now to improve my routine? Experiment - improve it and take action!
12. The Power of the Green Get Switched On Smoothie - Low fresh fruit and vegetable consumption is a crisis - On average, Americans are eating fruit once per day and vegetables 1.7 times per day when the recommendation is 7 – 9 servings. Green smoothies are a fast, easy fix that is the most nutrient dense meal possible. Introducing at least one green smoothie to your day can totally transform your health. Test if for a month and drink a green smoothie it at least once a day, ideally in the morning. You will notice a difference quickly. Your body will adapt, be patient and give it a month and make it a lifetime habit! Take Action.
13. Making the Green Get Switched On Smoothie – Once people get comfortable making the smoothie for the first time, the rest is easy. This video shows me making the smoothie, giving specific recipe options and actual calorie information.
Cultivating a Positive Attitude
WFH - The New Work Week
Reducing Lower Back Pain
Do You Focus on Your Lifespan or Your Healthspan?
Dealing with Stress - The Quality of Your Life is the Quality of Your Questions
Simple Tips to Lower Your Blood Pressure
Get Results Quicker - Baby Steps vs. Radical Change
Achieving Financial Independence
Turn Up the Energy Thermostat - Get Switched On Part 1
Program the Thermostat - Living A High Energy Life - Get Switched On Part 2
Living A High Energy Life - Get Switched On Part 3
Why Are Health and Cancer Screenings Important
This series can also include a 45 minute live/recorded virtual event to help your team take better care of their #1 Asset – THEMSELVES! My signature program – Get Switched On – Revaluate and Recharge lays the groundwork in actually changing behavior long term. It is an interactive session, NOT a speech. It lays the foundation for long term behavior change and taking action.
- Learn the formulas for failure and health success.
- What key habits when repeated daily, will make the biggest impact immediately?
- How to harness the power of “one in a row” and create new streaks?
- Where is the current neglect you must confront today?
- Why is early detection essential to reverse failure?
- What do you believe is really important in your life right now?
- Why your current vision for your health dictates your effort and results.
- How can you clarify a new vision of what is possible for your health and vitality?
- What are your current beliefs about taking better care of your #1 asset?
Get Switched On –Reevaluate and Recharge
• Fully Customized Launch/Enrollment video for your new or existing Wellness ProgramFully Customized Launch/Enrollment video for your new or existing Wellness Program
New 12 Video package
with your Wellness Video bumper front and back
Refilm each video for your company, reedit and include your wellness logo and company culture throughout the videos.
$2,500 per video
Existing 13 Videos
with your Wellness Video bumper front and back
– Includes everything above
Client has the rights to use the videos for one year from agreement.
Renewable agreement of $2500 fee to use the videos each year.
Contact Chip directly to set up a time to discuss the best option for you.
Based on my experience with other clients it is possible your current health care provider will actually help you invest in this package as to help you reduce your claims and keep your premiums from rising.
Chip Eichelberger, CSP Chip@GetSwitchedOn.com 865-300-2742